Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Spoke with Grad Adviser
(November 15, 2005, 2:40pm)

How amazing. The meeting can be described in four words:

Smooth Sailing Extremely Insightful

Really, I was scared stiff about this meeting just because I'm not sure how he will react when I tell him that the committee is formed! (It should not happen till next semester, by the way, so I'm quite... early)

Well, let's just say he was very supportive. The meeting went well, with him approving with all three members in my committee (he has to check though).

We also talked about the research topic and he gave a few really good pointers about the type of questions I should keep in mind when doing my research:

1. What is the philosophical assumption I have of the world?
2. How does my method relate/subscribe to that assumption?

Wow. A. told me something about it and it's kind of easy to think about it but difficult when actually doing the research. Like the methods must reflect the philosophical assumption I'm using to view the world.

So right now, the only thing I can do is 1. read more and 2. talk to more people to gain more perspectives.

Any articles, research on the following topics will be deeply appreciated:
older adults
long term/congregated living area
stroke rehabilitation and education
health communication
chronic disease management
source credibility
perception
organization discourses
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was so nervous during the meeting that I asked him if he has any warnings for me. Really, like I was half expecting him to ask me to drop the idea or gave me some BIG RED SIGN that says NO-GO.

But he was nice. It was a very encouraging and yet educational session. I must say I learn more about what writing a thesis entails and (hopefully) that makes me more prepared for it.

And yes.

I LOVE MY TOPIC!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kabe said...

yeah... praise God ! i trust you remembered your small little notebook... :)

Sun Nov 20, 08:50:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home