Monday, November 07, 2005

What happened to me last Friday?

I think I had one of the best conversation with Adriana last Friday. In case you still don't know, she is writing her research thesis now and even though she is extremely up to her nose with work (THANK YOU!), she found time to meet ME! Yay!

And I just found out from her blog that she met her deadline. No more sleepless nights! Oh and Adriana is the one who FULLY inspired this blog. Three cheers!

For one, I am glad I started this early. At first I was worried and even amused by the fact that it is ONLY my first semester and I am already thinking of my research area. Until Adriana assured me that it is not too early to start. And with the teensy weensy extra time, I can first do my readings as well as gathering primary sources.

The fact that I should have my topic decided by CHRISTMAS 2005, I'm glad I'm starting NOW. In case you don't know, I work about 582 times slower than the rest of the human population. So there.

To those who are grasping bits and pieces from thin air, I want to do my research on (finally decided):
1) Communication
2) Older adults population
3) Stroke education

A BLEND OF THOSE.

And something else I don't know about writing a thesis:


I have to be prepared to stay in Ithaca over the Summer.

I have to prepare for HSR (some human subject study approval)

I have to defend my thesis TWICE.

I have to buy special paper to print the report on (?!?)

I have to spend money, lots of money...

Which means....


I'm PERFECTLY COOL with the fact that I'll be staying in Ithaca over the Summer.

But I'm still gonna write a thesis!


Thank you for your advice, A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home