Thursday, July 06, 2006

A July Update

Time flies. It's July.

While the sun is burning mercilessly on almost all of Planet Earth's tenants, deadline is looming for a certain individual.

Yes. That's Me.

1. Proposal Defense Date
My prof has agreed that August 16 or 17 will be the best dates for defense.

2. Leave my intro alone!
That was the instruction from my prof and I am to leave the intro alone, for now.

3. Including sound arguments in the proposal and according to the prof:

a) The intro should include why i want to do the study, how the study will contribute to
knowledge, and its social relevance.

b) The lit review should put forth all the arguments for this research. For instance, if my research will be socially relevant/contribute to current knowledge, what needs to be known? What do people know already? What do I have to find out?

c) The methodology section will put forth how I intend to find out what i set out in a & b.

4. Planning the event
Will need to plan a one-week Stroke Awareness Week in the first week of September. Meeting with the administrators next week.

5. HSR Checklist
Easy thing to deal with, right after the proposal defense. Yay!

(Post script: My resident proof-reader just said my Intro sucks. Now that I re-read everything, I think ALL three chapters suck. I guess I have to re-write them, which may take another year or two. Which means, I may not get to come home...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home